Skip to main content

A moment with Mondli Mlauza

Hello to all of the Tan89Media reader's. Thank you very much for giving me this opportunity to share a bit about myself.
My name is Mondli "Sgoloza" Mlauza and i am an almost 30 year old Sowetan in Orlando East.
My interest in media started at a time when I didn't even know what media is, let alone be a part of it. Like all kids who grew up in the 90's, I had a desire of being on YoTV, but just didn't have the know how.
In my youth, I developed a very deep obsession with radio. I have quite a number of radio stories to share, but I think my love for radio actually started in my youth.
Radio is what actually made me fall in love with the media, and I have been in love for about 20 years now.

I am currently working on officially launching my company in 2020, but CoVID-19 has made me alter my plans slightly. I also don't want to mention any details now,
but I am working on a deal that will assist me to grow further in the award space. For Radio Lovers also has something planned for the third quarter. I have a number of things in the pipeline.
As far as my role in the industry, I don't really limit myself on what I can do. I don't really have a pre-defined title. I believe I am a hustler and an all rounder.
My roles include being a content producer, public relations practitioner, social media manager, artist manager and I am now in the process of being an entrepreneur.

For Radio Lovers is a movement I created in late 2016. What started out as a platform to promote different radio shows on social media, as well as to showcase upcoming talent and new music on social media, has now become an avenue for me to perfect my skills in digital media, business and Public Relations while helping inform and assisting upcoming musicians and aspiring radio personalities.
I think the biggest issue that I see lacking currently is exposure to local music from upcoming artists on our stations. We have a tendency of prioritising international music over our own local acts, and when we do hear local music in radio, it's usually that big artist who you saw on that music video on TV and read about in that newspaper article you read about yesterday.

They always seem to play the same people and I really don't understand why that is. If I were to compare SA radio and USA radio, I would say one thing we lack is that we don't prioritise our own music.

That's something I haven't heard on the limited USA stations i've heard thus far. I wish more could be done to expose new artists to main stream media.

However, About 2-3 weeks ago, I heard of some new music from a young lady by the name of Elaine. That lady is something amazing and looks set to be the new darling of the SA music industry.

So to all and any creative on the come up what I'd like to relay to you is this- What ever dream you have, what ever passions you want to follow, all you need to do is just start.
It doesn't matter how long it takes or the number of hardships you face along the way, don't give up. I myself have faced challenges like trying to make people not to undermine me and take lightly the service I provide for them.
But my dream has kept me going because one day I'd like to be within the spaces occupied by people i look up to like my Sheila Afari, Thabo Tema, Lulama Malivha and Bongani Magudulela.

These individuals have all played a vital role in my development and some still play a big part in my current and future plans.
I would like to someday collaborate with SAPR, Wasanga Mehana and Massiv Metro in the foreseeable future.
I would also like to have my own media empire one day that deals with almost all aspects of communication and marketing.

Thank you reading and getting a glimpse of my life. Keep safe.

You can connect with Mondli on Facebook. or on email at sgholdings@gmail.com for business related queries.

If you need help with your Brand or Business' Online presence,PR and Social Media Management

We also offer Administration services, these includes Writting of Profiles, Press Statements, Proposals and Business Plans, Copy editing and any content currating.

Get in touch with us: tan89media@gmail.com
0727895703
#Tan89Media

Connect with us @Tan89Media across all socials.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Motswako Prince of Maftown, Sly YoHighness

It looks like Sly YoHighness might just got next as the Motswako Prince. It's now been a long while since we've had a proper Motswako wave breakthrough. Remember when the Morafe and Tuks wave hit, or when Gata lenna came out, Fifi Cooper and the late HHPs consistency and many comebacks? A lot of us have been wondering "who got next"? With the fall of guys like Notshi and KT struggling to properly cement his stance, is Sly the guy to look out for? I hit him up through the socials, to find out what he's been up to and if he really got his sight set on the throne. So how did he get into this whole music and creative space thing? He says he's always been artistic and one thing led to the other . "I love & have always loved acting. I'm very out there & funny too (yes, he is). So once I started writing I kinda never stopped, though I always felt it's a farfetched dream or whatever but I kept on writing, even if it was just for mysel

T.H-C still on a roll and making serious moves

T.H-C is a Hip Hop/Urban Musician and overall creative. He is an award nominee and has gunnered some international recognition, in some parts of Africa and in the US. Tshepi Aphane who goes by T.H-C is a rapper from Summer Greens in Cape Town, recently residing in Johannesburg after having been a Pretorian for a while. He has been on a serious come up since he became an active member of the music industry back in 2012. He has travelled and performed at various places and events, recently in Pretoria at the SOHK sessions and been on radio plaforms like Metro FMs" Rap Active Jam" and came out on top as the winner. He has to date released a total of 9 music videos .  He is currently working on a project and making the most of what's left of 2020. We had a chat with him to find out more about his international plugs, new project and future plans. From when you started out to currently, the Hip Hop scene has gone through several adjustments and changes. How have you tried and

Tan89Media Tips For Emerging Talent

 Attention Emerging Talent!! So, for the years that I have been dealing with and working alongside emerging talent, more so, artists. I have noticed some behavior pertaining to their brand. That could be credited to lack of experience and knowledge but it could also be ignorance and lack of proactivity. A lot of talent lacks a lot of knowledge of their industries. The very same field they want to occupy one day. Its super essential for anyone to know as much as possible when it comes to a dream they are pursuing or a skill they are great at or anything for that matter they say they are passionate about. The very basic things to know are many times overlooked and undermined and they play a huge role in how you develop as a brand, how you are perceived, and it shows just how serious or not one is about whatever it is they are pursuing. I have listed and broken down six (6) tips for emerging/ up and coming brands/ talents. Hopefully they will serve helpful to some. 1. The bas