Skip to main content

KeaNcube: Living Radio,Loving Food and Learning TV

She is a bubbly bold bubble of fun,spice and a lil bit of nice, and She owns who she is very much.
Kea Ncube not only has loved radio from early on, but she does it with immaculate easiness. 
She's recently joined corporate radio, after having been with commercial stations TransAfricaRadio and North West FM respectively.
Besides loving being behind the mic,she also loves food. Having graduated from the Hospitality industry, she offers small to medium sized catering packages. 

Kea believes in putting in the necessary work towards achieving the things you want and believe you are destined for,and she did that recently when she entered a TV presenter search competition. Though she didn't make the cut,it is a great start to pursuing one of her passions.
Watch here: @KeaNcube

So, what's on the mind of a radio host/DJ ,Food lover and aspiring TV presenter ? Read below:

You’ve recently left TransAfrica Radio, what was the reasoning behind it and what was the plan going forward?
It was time. I'd been at TAR for 2 years and the itch was getting strong. I had no plan 😂. I told myself that June is the month where I sort things out and bring things together. Left TAR on Friday, May 31st and got sarted with my new radio home on Monday, June 3rd.

And where is this "new radio home"?
I'm at Vodacom Radio, doing the things on corporate radio. It was a bit of an adjustment ,broadcasting to only Vodacom staff members on corporate level and at the Vodacom shops.

Have you always been into radio? 
I have. I remember listening to DJ Fresh, Pabi & Thato on the breakfast show on Yfm and I knew that's what I wanted to do. Entertain, inform and educate people using my voice. I took a bit of a detour however, I'm here and loving every moment of being behind the mic.
Are you generally the Bubbly, funny and silly person we usually see on your videos and on social media?
LOL! That's me. I also wear my emotions on my sleeve. I'm very black and white when it comes to my emotions. What I feel is what I feel.
What is that most annoying thing you hate having to do or deal with while on air? 
Listeners that aren't clued up with what it is we're talking about and going off on their own tangent.

That number one thing that motivates you is? 
Making myself proud hey. Making sure that I live my dreams.

You are an award nominated radio host, with your recent one being the ASEAWARDS. What do these moves mean to you? Are they a validation of some sort? 
Those are personal milestones and victories for me. It's great knowing that you're being heard amongst all the talent (and unnecessary noise). Look, back in the day I would've taken them as validation however now, it's just a way for me to celebrate myself a little bit more. That's important, celebrating every little victory you achieve, no matter how small.

Where are you at currently in your career and are you content?
Right now, I'm where I'm meant to be. Am I content? I could say yes but that would be a lie. Am I happy? I'm very happy.

What is your hope for the SA radio industry? 
That we get back to radio. Give young talent a chance, allow them to grow, nourish them and watch them flourish. Stop with the influencers.

Besides radio, what else do you get up to? 
I'm a big foodie. I'm in the process of creating content for my social media platforms. And if you want me, I cater for small dinner parties.
Working on getting myself into your TV screen. I am a DJ also, I play Hip Hop, RnB, Kwaito, Afrobeats and some Ragga & Dancehall in there.

Which radio and industry people do you look up to and take a page off their book? 
DJ Fresh, Phat Joe
Bertha Charuma, Thato Moeng
Toke Makinwa, Julie Adenuga
Thabo Mokwele, Mpho Maboi
Lady D Khoza, Wendy Williams
The list goes on hey.

What are you hoping to achieve in this life? 
Absolute happiness and contentment with myself and the decisions I've made in my life.
You can find your calling to be placed in many things. The goal Is to find happiness in them, to enjoy them and to make a difference. Be proactive in going for yours and get the bag. 

And that was Kea Ncube- Doer,Go-getter,Fun and M.anifests' future wife 😍 . 
Lookout for her, be it behind the Mic,the decks, the stove or in front the camera.

Social Media Platforms:
FB: Kea Ncube (@officialKeaNcube )
IG: @KeaNcube & @kealovesfood 
Twitter: @KeaNcube

Thank you for reading , you can also follow us across all socials @Tan89Media

If you need help with your Brand or Business' Online presence, administration and Social Media Management. 
Get in touch with us: tan89media@gmail.com
0727895703

#Tan89Media

Comments

  1. Great read. Didn't know Vodacom like Pep had its own radio, given b something to research further on. Halala. All the best Kea with your media endeavors. Salute

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Motswako Prince of Maftown, Sly YoHighness

It looks like Sly YoHighness might just got next as the Motswako Prince. It's now been a long while since we've had a proper Motswako wave breakthrough. Remember when the Morafe and Tuks wave hit, or when Gata lenna came out, Fifi Cooper and the late HHPs consistency and many comebacks? A lot of us have been wondering "who got next"? With the fall of guys like Notshi and KT struggling to properly cement his stance, is Sly the guy to look out for? I hit him up through the socials, to find out what he's been up to and if he really got his sight set on the throne. So how did he get into this whole music and creative space thing? He says he's always been artistic and one thing led to the other . "I love & have always loved acting. I'm very out there & funny too (yes, he is). So once I started writing I kinda never stopped, though I always felt it's a farfetched dream or whatever but I kept on writing, even if it was just for mysel

T.H-C still on a roll and making serious moves

T.H-C is a Hip Hop/Urban Musician and overall creative. He is an award nominee and has gunnered some international recognition, in some parts of Africa and in the US. Tshepi Aphane who goes by T.H-C is a rapper from Summer Greens in Cape Town, recently residing in Johannesburg after having been a Pretorian for a while. He has been on a serious come up since he became an active member of the music industry back in 2012. He has travelled and performed at various places and events, recently in Pretoria at the SOHK sessions and been on radio plaforms like Metro FMs" Rap Active Jam" and came out on top as the winner. He has to date released a total of 9 music videos .  He is currently working on a project and making the most of what's left of 2020. We had a chat with him to find out more about his international plugs, new project and future plans. From when you started out to currently, the Hip Hop scene has gone through several adjustments and changes. How have you tried and

Tan89Media Tips For Emerging Talent

 Attention Emerging Talent!! So, for the years that I have been dealing with and working alongside emerging talent, more so, artists. I have noticed some behavior pertaining to their brand. That could be credited to lack of experience and knowledge but it could also be ignorance and lack of proactivity. A lot of talent lacks a lot of knowledge of their industries. The very same field they want to occupy one day. Its super essential for anyone to know as much as possible when it comes to a dream they are pursuing or a skill they are great at or anything for that matter they say they are passionate about. The very basic things to know are many times overlooked and undermined and they play a huge role in how you develop as a brand, how you are perceived, and it shows just how serious or not one is about whatever it is they are pursuing. I have listed and broken down six (6) tips for emerging/ up and coming brands/ talents. Hopefully they will serve helpful to some. 1. The bas