Skip to main content

The Trail blazing Mawisa

It seems Ofentse "Mawisa" Mathope is finally on his way to getting his dues. The Mabopane born and bred entertainer has always been about the industry. He's earned some stripes, learned some lessons and paid his dues and now he's going for the bag.
He started out in the Mohawks era and dawned the most colourful ones. It was somewhat a trademark hairdo of his at that time. Fast forward to today, he's doing amazing things.

We caught up with the Radio/TV presenter/ Event MC/Gay Activist and Influencer, to find out about his journey and all it's challenges and beauty.

What do you remember wanting to be while growing up?
Lol. l I'm glad you asked this question hey. Well, when we were young we used to imitate the likes of Queen Moroka (from  Generations) and Kimora Lee Simmons. I always wanted to be within the media industry. Little did I know I'm planting a seed.

Right now, what is it that's making you happy?
My relationship with God.

How many times did you feel like giving up pursuing your dreams and why didn't you?
A lot of times but i always found myself back on and grinding even harder.

What has been some of the industry challenges you've faced on your journey and are you still facing those same challenges?
Yes. Being underpaid.
Please tell me a bit about your social activism and Is being a " gay activist " a box you wouldn't mind being put under?
Phewwww well yes I wouldn't mind bring put under that box. Why? Because I took a decision to use my voice to raise awareness about the lgbtiq + community.
I started small by hosting seminars and dialogues together with the local clinic and respective community members.

Today I'm proud to say our local clinic which is Tlamelong Clinic has been chosen as a regional leadership site for both msm & the lgbtiq plus community.
All thanks to stakeholders such as Anova Health institute & Dept. of Health.
Which year would you point out and say "this is the year that I made it." When tings finally fell into place? 
I can safely say 2018. Like I hustled hard than other years.

Which essential tips or advice would you share with someone aspiring to be in the entertainment industry?
Learn to say no, do You and put in the work!

What's your take on the Mabopane entertainment scene, what do you think is lacking and what makes it stand out?
We are on the right track but what's lacking its definitely a lot of collaborations.

What won't you do for a door to open for you?
Cliche it sounds. Sleeping my way to the top.

Who do look up to, whose work ethic do you aspire to strive for?
Bonang Matheba!
What are you currently busy with and what's in the future that we should look out for?
Lots of mc'eing gigs and of cos charity work. The rest I can't say for now.

Mawisa will not stop till he's at the very top and he's making sure it happens by working extremely hard, making every opportunity count and bringing his A game every time.
Look out for him at your nearest event this weekend or in the nearest future.
Keep up with his moves via Social Media :
YouTube: mawisa your Dese gay
Twitter : mawisa_sa
Instagram : mawisasa

Connect with Us across all socials: @Tan89Media

If you need help with your Brand or Business' Online presence and Social Media Management.
Get in touch with us: tan89media@gmail.com
0727895703
#Tan89Media

Comments

  1. My Friend, my buddy... I look up to you in so many ways, your simply great, humble, kind and very caring. Your just full of life, charisma and great... God has blessed you and he will continue doing so.

    I love you to bits! I remember when I joined TUT FM, you welcomed me with warm arms, befriended me, little did you know that I've always known you and your work and admired it, however that never made you be corcky and act celebretish, you are kind and humble, remain that way.

    Remember "be good or simply just be good at it"

    Simply-Gee

    ReplyDelete
  2. The way I brag about you mtase...you've made it...you inspire me in every way possible...you do you and work hard for your craft...I love you so much ❤

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Motswako Prince of Maftown, Sly YoHighness

It looks like Sly YoHighness might just got next as the Motswako Prince. It's now been a long while since we've had a proper Motswako wave breakthrough. Remember when the Morafe and Tuks wave hit, or when Gata lenna came out, Fifi Cooper and the late HHPs consistency and many comebacks? A lot of us have been wondering "who got next"? With the fall of guys like Notshi and KT struggling to properly cement his stance, is Sly the guy to look out for? I hit him up through the socials, to find out what he's been up to and if he really got his sight set on the throne. So how did he get into this whole music and creative space thing? He says he's always been artistic and one thing led to the other . "I love & have always loved acting. I'm very out there & funny too (yes, he is). So once I started writing I kinda never stopped, though I always felt it's a farfetched dream or whatever but I kept on writing, even if it was just for mysel

T.H-C still on a roll and making serious moves

T.H-C is a Hip Hop/Urban Musician and overall creative. He is an award nominee and has gunnered some international recognition, in some parts of Africa and in the US. Tshepi Aphane who goes by T.H-C is a rapper from Summer Greens in Cape Town, recently residing in Johannesburg after having been a Pretorian for a while. He has been on a serious come up since he became an active member of the music industry back in 2012. He has travelled and performed at various places and events, recently in Pretoria at the SOHK sessions and been on radio plaforms like Metro FMs" Rap Active Jam" and came out on top as the winner. He has to date released a total of 9 music videos .  He is currently working on a project and making the most of what's left of 2020. We had a chat with him to find out more about his international plugs, new project and future plans. From when you started out to currently, the Hip Hop scene has gone through several adjustments and changes. How have you tried and

Tan89Media Tips For Emerging Talent

 Attention Emerging Talent!! So, for the years that I have been dealing with and working alongside emerging talent, more so, artists. I have noticed some behavior pertaining to their brand. That could be credited to lack of experience and knowledge but it could also be ignorance and lack of proactivity. A lot of talent lacks a lot of knowledge of their industries. The very same field they want to occupy one day. Its super essential for anyone to know as much as possible when it comes to a dream they are pursuing or a skill they are great at or anything for that matter they say they are passionate about. The very basic things to know are many times overlooked and undermined and they play a huge role in how you develop as a brand, how you are perceived, and it shows just how serious or not one is about whatever it is they are pursuing. I have listed and broken down six (6) tips for emerging/ up and coming brands/ talents. Hopefully they will serve helpful to some. 1. The bas